'Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings," ~ 1 Peter 2:1
1. Malice: A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.
2. Guile: Treacherous cunning; skillful deceit.
3. Hypocrisies: False appearances or actions.
4. Envies: Feelings of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
5. Evil speakings: Communication that is intended to cause harm or injury.
The "Therefore" in 1 Peter 2:1 points back to 1 Peter chapter one.
WE SHOULD LAY ASIDE SIN, LOVE AND LIVE in LIGHT OF THE NEW BIRTH.
Reasons we find in 1 Peter chapter one:
I. OUR SALVATION (Vs. 2 Verses 9-10)
II. OUR SANCTIFICATION (Vs.2) (Verses 15-16)
III. THE SPRINKLING OF THE BLOOD AND SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST (Verses 2, 11)
IV. OUR SONSHIP (Verses 4, 14)
V. OUR SECURITY (Vs. 5)
VI. THE SECOND COMING (Vs. 7)
VII. THE SAVIOUR HIMSELF (Verses 8, 15)
VIII. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST (Verses 11-12, 22)
IX. OUR SOJOURNING (Vs. 17)
X. THE SCRIPTURE (Verses 23-25)
We should be growing as Christians; becoming more like Christ each day. (Romans 8:29)
As believers we should "walk worthy of our vocation." (Please read Ephesians chapter 4)
Fellowship Baptist News
A place to catch up on the latest events...