1. "You can do more than pray after you have prayed; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed." A.J. Gordon
2. "You can do more than pray after you have prayed; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed." A.J. Gordon
3. "Prayer strikes the winning blow; service is simply picking up the pieces." S.D. Gordon
4. "One should never initiate anything that he cannot saturate with prayer."
5. "The greatest thing anyone can do for God or man is pray." S.D. Gordon
6. "If I fail to spend two hours in prayer each morning, the devil gets the victory through the day. I have so much business I cannot get on without spending three hours daily in prayer.
7. "The most important thing a born again Christian can do is to pray."
8. "Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers."
9. “God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces of against evil …” E.M. Bounds
10. “Prayer is where the action is." John Wesley
11. "Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying.
12. "0h brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper - and sleep too - than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber."
13. "Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still." E.M. Bounds
14. "No learning can make up for the failure to pray. No earnestness, no diligence, no study, no gifts will supply its lack." E.M. Bounds
15. "Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness."
16. “I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach.” Charles Spurgeon
17. “The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelization in history.” Andrew Murray
18. "Eighteen-year-old Hudson Taylor wandered into his father's library and read a gospel tract. He couldn't shake off its message. Finally, falling to his knees, he accepted Christ as his Savior. Later, his mother, who had been away, returned home. When Hudson told her the good news, she said, "I already know. Ten days ago, the very date on which you tell me you read that tract, I spent the entire afternoon in prayer for you until the Lord assured me that my wayward son had been brought into the fold." Our Daily Bread, July 19, 1989. [Hudson Taylor (1832-1905) was a famous missionary in China. He was founder of the China Inland Mission which, at his death, included 205 mission stations with over 800 missionaries, and 125,000 Chinese Christians. He spent 51 years in China].
19. Spurgeon's "boilerroom." Five young college students were spending a Sunday in London, so they went to hear the famed C.H. Spurgeon preach. While waiting for the doors to open, the students were greeted by a man who asked, "Gentlemen, let me show you around. Would you like to see the heating plant of this church?" They were not particularly interested, for it was a hot day in July. But they didn't want to offend the stranger, so they consented. The young men were taken down a stairway, a door was quietly opened, and their guide whispered, "This is our heating plant." Surprised, the students saw 700 people bowed in prayer, seeking a blessing on the service that was soon to begin in the auditorium above. Softly closing the door, the gentleman then introduced himself. It was none other than Charles Spurgeon. Our Daily Bread, April 24.
20. "We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties." Oswald Chambers
21. Prayer breaks all bars, dissolves all chains, opens all prisons, and widens all straits by which God's saints have been held." E. M. Bounds
22. "Four things let us ever keep in mind: God hears prayer, God heeds prayer, God answers prayer, and God delivers by prayer." E. M. Bounds
23. "The true church lives and moves and has its being in prayer." Leonard Ravenhill
24. "The secret of all failure is our failure in secret prayer."
25. “Prayer can never be in excess.” C. H. Spurgeon
Fellowship Baptist News
A place to catch up on the latest events...